Medical weight loss means losing weight with the assistance and supervision of a healthcare provider, usually a doctor. The medical professional will use their knowledge and experience to create a realistic and individualized plan for the patient trying to lose weight. They can also help the patient discover and maintain the right motivation to ensure…
4 Common Methods for Acne Treatment
Acne treatment might be needed if you have exhausted home remedies with no luck. Acne is a skin disorder caused by hair follicles being congested with dead skin cells and oils. It leads to pimples, whiteheads, or blackheads forming on your face.
Acne primarily affects teenagers, but it can affect anyone regardless of their age. It tends to be a persistent condition, and over-the-counter treatments are often not enough to make it go away.
Severe cases of acne can lead to scars, and this can lead to a person becoming more self-conscious as they find themselves frequently worrying about what others might think about them. Getting effective acne treatment can help to prevent these issues.
4 popular approaches to acne treatment
When over-the-counter products fail to get acne under control, it is time to seek the services of a wellness center that provides regenerative medicine. Some of the ways a skincare provider might go about addressing acne include:
1. Topical medications
Medications that contain substances like tretinoin and retinoic acids can be effective at controlling moderate cases of acne. Some of these products come in lotion, gel, and cream form. These products can be applied to problematic areas up to three times per day.
Antibiotics, azelaic acid, and dapsone can also be topically applied to the skin to treat acne.
2. Oral medication
Oral medication like antibiotics can also help to manage acne. The patient would typically have to take these drugs for a short period to avoid building up a resistance to antibiotics. If oral antibiotics are ineffective at treating a patient’s acne, other oral medication like isotretinoin or antiandrogen agents might be prescribed.
3. Peels, extractions, and injections
There are a few treatments a dermatologist can perform to manage and treat acne breakouts. These include:
- Chemical peel: This involves applying a chemical, such as retinoic acid, to acne spots. It helps to clear out hair follicles, and it can be an effective way to treat mild cases of acne
- Extraction and drainage: A skincare provider can use hand tools to remove cysts, blackheads, or whiteheads on the patient’s skin. It can temporarily clear up the appearance of acne, but it can lead to permanent scarring
- Steroid: Cystic and nodular lesions can be addressed by injecting them with a steroid. It is an effective way to clear acne, and it reduces the pain caused by it
Taking good care of your skin can be an effective treatment for mild to moderate acne, and it can help to prevent it. Some of the things patients can do at home to keep their hair follicles congestion-free include:
- Wash the affected area twice daily with a gentle product
- Avoid skin-care products that irritate your skin
- Use over-the-counter acne products to promote peeling and remove excess oil
- Use sunscreen and avoid excessive exposure to the sun
- Shower after physical activities that involve sweating
- Avoid picking at or touching acne spots
Make acne a thing of the past
Are you currently struggling with acne? Call or visit our Fresno wellness center to explore acne treatment options.
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
After experiencing troubling erectile dysfunction symptoms, scheduling a consultation with a physician is the next step toward finding a solution. The purpose of this consultation is to try to find the source of the problem so a solid treatment plan can be determined. Knowing what to expect during a consultation can help take some of…
Curious about the HCG diet? Read on to learn more about this weight loss method. This short explainer will be a helpful guide that will help you work out the types of foods that make the diet effective.The HCG diet is a short-term eating plan that takes between three and six weeks to complete. Its…
A PDO thread lift is a procedure that is performed to lift and tighten a person’s skin. It is classified as a less-invasive approach to facial rejuvenation than facelift surgery, and it does not require the use of a scalpel. It typically takes about 45 minutes or less to complete the treatment.Polydioxanone thread lifts are…